Search This Blog

Monday, August 15, 2005

& Anime

Good Gord, has it been 2 1/2 weeks, already? Well I suppose I might as well post a little about my unproductive exploits, given the lack of productive ones. Let's see, where to start..? Well, predominantly, I've been watching anime, for the first time in a couple years (although I have been accumulating manga on my bookshelf over that time). After much prodding by one Magus (not that that name is distinguished enough for any of you to have any clue who I'm talking about), I watched Elfen Lied (as I already mentioned). After Elfen Lied, I watched the following (the ones that are bolded are ones I really liked, and would recommend):
- School Rumble (good series, even though the ending - or lack thereof - BLOWS)
- Air
- Madlax (interesting in a couple ways, but I wouldn't really recommend it)
- His and Her Circumstances (can't seem to find the English distributor's page for the series)
- Gunslinger Girl (while somewhat of a mass-produced anime, and lacking a central plot, I found it interesting, although I have to admit that may be because it has similarities to two of my own stories, in different ways)
- Full Metal Panic: The Second Raid (still in progress)
- Mahoraba
- Honey and Clover (still in progress; pretty amusing at times, but the lethargic pace makes it rather boring, on average)
- Banner of the Stars III
- Noir

As far as manga reading has been going, I've recently been reading the following (most of these are still in progress):
- Great Teacher Onizuka
- Cheeky Angel
- Bleach
- Yotsuba &!(this is licensed, but ADV's site is hideously outdated, and even stuff released 6 months ago isn't on there, yet)
- Elfen Lied
- Scrapped Princess (I'd recommend this anime, but as there's only one volume out, I can't really recommend the manga, yet)
- Full Metal Panic!

Of these, I want to give special recognition to Yotsuba &! That is one of the funniest series I've ever read. In fact, I've got a sample chapter uploaded here, for your viewing pleasure. Now, the series is licensed in English (and by the RIAA of the anime industry, no less...), so you can't download all the chapters (technically it isn't legal to download any of the chapters, but I figure me putting this one up here is more likely to increase their sales than decrease them...). So if you like the chapter, go buy the books!

No comments: