Search This Blog

Saturday, January 21, 2006

Q's Shiny Thing of the Day

I may yet write a post about my exploits for the last week. But suffice to say, for the purpose of this post, that I need to compare two copies of a LARGE amount of data (files), to ensure they're identical. Fortunately for me, the Windows Platform SDK comes with just such a program (originally I was worrying that I'd have to write one, myself) - WinDiff. If you have need of such a program, it comes in pretty handy.

By the way, I'm having a bit of trouble writing the post about writing multi-user friendly code. The reason is that there are three different but closely related topics I want to talk about, and I'm having trouble discussing all of them without the information becoming either redundant or chaotic.

No comments: