Search This Blog

Sunday, March 28, 2010

& StarCraft 2

I really should have posted this weeks ago, but IskatuMesk (user mancatcher, on YouTube) has being doing a series of YouTube posts of SC2 games with commentary. Many of the replays are in 1080 high-definition, although I only watch the 480 resolution versions, as that's all my 1.5 Mbps DSL can support in real-time, and it's okay, clarity-wise. I've been watching just about everything he's posted since he started covering it.

The vast majority of them are of high or mid/high-level players. A lot of them are games (usually free-for-alls) he plays in, himself. He's in the platinum league (currently the highest, with gold, silver, bronze, and copper below), which puts him in the mid/high skill category. Others, however, are commentaries on replays of really famous SC1 pro players, frequently obtained from Team Liquid's forum.

On one or two occasions you see him getting in-game messages from me (some of which make absolutely no sense, like when I was testing out what the mature language filter blocks - e.g. "XonX" and "came" - which he had disabled). One replay, however, is a 2on2 I actually played. Now, I'm in the silver league, so this is not exactly a replay displaying master strategy (and I get my ass handed to me by Mesk's commentary of the match, which is kind of amusing in its own way). It does, however, have an absolutely hilarious ending, as indicated by the stuff people have said about it (e.g. "oh god im dying over here", "Holy shit. I teared up at the end there", "dear god that was amazing", "Most hilarious ending evar"). Amusingly, this replay has proven his most popular, and has almost 3x as many views as almost all of the other replays of the same age; I wonder if it got posted on a forum with a couple thousand users, somewhere.

Part 1
Part 2

Oh, and since the ending is kind of ambiguous: my team won.

1 comment:

Your StarCraft 2 Guide said...

not bad replies man...... keep it up

And the 1080p also kills your bandwidth and for someone like me who live in Canada with limited bandwidth it can be very expensive to watch these replies on 1080p