Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

AAAAAHHHHHHHHHH

So, I finally got Hoard to compile. Now I just need to change the allocation unit size from 8 KB to 64 KB. Easy, right? BZZZZZZZZZZZZT

For those of you familiar with Crypto++, this thing's source is about that bad. There are like 70 header files, and more template use than one person could possibly learn. But I managed to find the places I needed to change to make it use larger block size. Unfortunately, this guy has hard-coded literally more than 2,000 constants (parameters) for different block sizes - 4 KB, 8 KB, and 16 KB. I guess that explains why he hasn't fixed the problem I reported - it'd take even him a few days to add a completely new block size, and he wrote the thing.

I'm officially giving up on fixing this thing myself :P

No comments: