Search This Blog

Thursday, December 22, 2005

& Debates - Fidelity

This one (registration required) is actually not one of my debates, although it's a timely topic that was brought up in another thread (and thus I'd been thinking about it, as well):
So this is the place to discuss serious matters. I love it.

Anyway, I also have something that I'd like us to talk about. Throughout the generations, we're taught that once one reaches a certain age, one marries, has children and continues to live on, without thinking much about it anymore.

At the center of all of this lies fidelity. When you're in love, you can't imagine ever wanting someone or something else. But I've been thinking about this for most of my adolescent life, and even though I am romantic and I really want to believe in eternal love and faithfulness, I think fidelity is against human nature. And that love and desire sometimes go hand in hand, but that they're not one and the same.

Please do not think that I'm pleading for adultery here, I just want to know what you think.

No comments: